the top of the atmosphere is at about 400kv with respect to surface of the earth,corresponding to an electric field that decreases with altitude. near surface of the earth the field is about 100v/m. why then do we not get an electric shock as we step out of our house into open?
Connect with:Login with Facebook Login with Google Login with Twitter Login with LinkedIn Login with Microsoft
Search the Site
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- A Question from Errors in measurement
- ASK A QUESTION
- Distance of closest approach of two ships problem
- DECREASING PRESSURE BY INCREASING AREA
- A Numerical problem from electricity
- Science Half Yearly Sample Question Papers for Class X
- Limitations of Dimensional Analysis
- The question of minimum time and minimum distance in crossing a river.
- Projectile Motion - Numerical Problems (Assignment for KV Pattom Class XI students)
- Difference between g and G
Our Social Presence
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
Why don’t we get a shock when we step out of house?
Ask a Doubt
Post your Physics Doubts here
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?
- Why a ray when moves to normal from rarer to denser medium
- What is the major term involved in refraction
- Can a charge of 4 x10 -19 be given to a body
- What is the phase difference between two wavefronts???
- Two identical body of M mass and Q charge are in equilibrium under gravitational and electric calculate order of Q/M
- Four masses each of 4kg are fastened together.
- Best Books And Study Materials For JAM Physics
- 5 litre of a liquid weighs 5 kgf. What is the density of the liquid?
- two persons A and B do same amount of work in time T1 and T2 . find the ratio of the power delivers by the men