the top of the atmosphere is at about 400kv with respect to surface of the earth,corresponding to an electric field that decreases with altitude. near surface of the earth the field is about 100v/m. why then do we not get an electric shock as we step out of our house into open?
Connect with:Login with Facebook Login with Google Login with Twitter Login with LinkedIn Login with Microsoft
Search the Site
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- What are the similarities and differences in magnetic and electric field?
- ASK A QUESTION
- Questions normally not answered by Students in Viva
- Variation in acceleration due to gravity (g) with depth
- CLASS 11 - HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION SAMPLE PAPER -1
- Difference between g and G
- A Question from Errors in measurement
- Limitations of Dimensional Analysis
- Why Electric Current is a Scalar Quantity?
- Principle of Working of Microwave Oven
Our Social Presence
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
Why don’t we get a shock when we step out of house?
Ask a Doubt
Post your Physics Doubts here
- Answered: How to prepare for IIT JAM Physics Exam?
- Plz answer this qiestion fast
- If the radius of earth were to increases by 1%,mass remaining the same,then acceleration due to gravity
- If angular momentum increased by 30% find out percentage increased in kinetic energy
- If on increasing the speed of a vehicle by 2m/s, the kinetic energy gets doubled, then what would be its initial speed?
- Answered: Which are the best books to prepare Physics for NEET 2018 Exam
- Cat is2m behindRAT wich movesWit uniformVelocity 15m/s Cat movesWit uniformAceleration2m/s How far'll rat go BFor caught
- Rectilinear motion question
- Charge on an atom is
- A man running towards a plane mirror at 4m/s speed.What is speed of image inside the mirror?