Home » Posts tagged 'topic'
Tag Archives: topic
A New Physics Forum for discussing questions from Physics.
As you know, AskPhysics.Com answers your questions only. If you are looking for a forum where you can have threaded discussions on a topic of your interest, please visit our new venture Ask Physics Forum
First of all, hearty congratulations to all those who qualified for the KVPY (Kishore Vygyanik Protsahan Yojna) interview.
Results of the Aptitude Test held on 31st October 2010
- List of students shortlisted under Stream SA
- List of students shortlisted under Stream SB
- List of students shortlisted under Stream SB/SX
Found your name in the selection list?
The next step is interview. The weightage for interview is 50%
As KVPY is installed to promote research, your research aptitude and observational skills will help you to excel in the interview. I suggest the following for preparing for the interview.
- Revise your basics. (Especially the basic Mathematical methods and procedures)
- Think critically on what you’ve learnt and read.
- Keep abreast with latest developments in science and technology. Read international science publications like Nature, New Scientist etc from University Library, British Library, Public Library etc. (KV Pattom Library also has a good collection of Indian journals – like Resonance)
- Analyze your interest and find in which field and if possible, on which topic, you would be interested to do research. If you can decide, make an extensive background study of the topic to find what all researches have already been undertaken in the field and what are the findings and what are the scope of doing research in that area. Note down your findings and observations and if your mind permits, try writing a research paper.
Boost confidence, believe in yourself, do regular preparation, Wish you all the best.