Home » Posts tagged 'Southeastern Louisiana University'
Tag Archives: Southeastern Louisiana University
The following questions were posted by Nabeela. We are just posting the question as such so that the visitors can post the answers.
- A mass-less string pulls a mass of 20kg upward against gravity. The string would break if subjected to a tension greater than 400N. What is the maximum acceleration with which the mass can be moved upward?
- A bullet of mass 20g is fired from a gun of mass 10kg with a velocity of 180m/s. Find the velocity of recoil of the gun. Find the force required to stop the gun before it moves 20cm
- A body of mass 40kg is moving up an inclined plane with a uniform velocity when a force of 460N is applied. If the plane is inclined to the horizontal by an angle of 45o,calculate the coefficient of kinetic friction between the surfaces.
- If the coefficient of friction between the tyres of a truck and the road is k, show that the maximum stopping distance of the truck when moving with a velocity ‘v’ is v2/2 kg. Assume that the brakes are not applied
- A ball of mass 0.5kg moving with a speed of 20m/s collides with an identical ball at rest. After collision the direction of each ball makes an angle of 30o with the original direction. Find the speed of each ball after collision.
- What is the maximum horizontal distance that a ball thrown with a speed of 60 m/s can go without hitting the roof of a long hall 30m high?
- A ball is thrown horizontally strikes a wall 5m away. The height of the point struck by the ball is 1m lower than the height which it was thrown from. (1) With what velocity was it thrown (2) At what angle did the ball reach the wall?
- The time of flight of aprojectile is 10 seconds . its range on a horizontal plane is 100m . Calculate the angle of projection and the velocity of projection.
- Numerical Problems from Kinematics (askphysics.com)
- Numericals on Freely falling bodies (askphysics.com)
- Gravity, Balance and some doubts (askphysics.com)
- How does Higg’s Boson transfer mass? (askphysics.com)