Home » Posts tagged 'Prepare'
Tag Archives: Prepare
We are starting a series of quizzes to enable the students to practice for online quizzes.
Take the sample quiz below for getting an idea on how the quizzes will be coming. If you like it, let us know. Post your reactions as comment to this post. Based on the popularity, we will be adding more such quizzes of different duration and themes.
The Sample Quiz below is of just five questions.
You will get your score and can revise the answers at the end of the quiz.
Sample Science Quiz
Who encouraged Newton to write his ideas for principia?
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz
Leonardo da Vinci
First of all, hearty congratulations to all those who qualified for the KVPY (Kishore Vygyanik Protsahan Yojna) interview.
Results of the Aptitude Test held on 31st October 2010
- List of students shortlisted under Stream SA
- List of students shortlisted under Stream SB
- List of students shortlisted under Stream SB/SX
Found your name in the selection list?
The next step is interview. The weightage for interview is 50%
As KVPY is installed to promote research, your research aptitude and observational skills will help you to excel in the interview. I suggest the following for preparing for the interview.
- Revise your basics. (Especially the basic Mathematical methods and procedures)
- Think critically on what you’ve learnt and read.
- Keep abreast with latest developments in science and technology. Read international science publications like Nature, New Scientist etc from University Library, British Library, Public Library etc. (KV Pattom Library also has a good collection of Indian journals – like Resonance)
- Analyze your interest and find in which field and if possible, on which topic, you would be interested to do research. If you can decide, make an extensive background study of the topic to find what all researches have already been undertaken in the field and what are the findings and what are the scope of doing research in that area. Note down your findings and observations and if your mind permits, try writing a research paper.
Boost confidence, believe in yourself, do regular preparation, Wish you all the best.