Home » Posts tagged 'practice questions'
Tag Archives: practice questions
Find below some of the fill in the blanks questions from the chapter sound. (Class 9 Science) Practisinf fill in the blanks typwe questions helps better comprehension and thorough reading of the text book. As a follow up you can try making more fill in the blanks type questions yourself from the textbook.
- ______ is a form of energy which produces a sensation of hearing to our ears.
- λ is a symbol of representing _____________.
- __________ is the reciprocal of frequency.
- Mechanical waves are of two types; _____________ and ______________.
- Sound waves travel in the form of ____________ and __________________.
- Transverse waves propagate in the form of _________ and _____________.
- The maximum displacement of the wave from mean position is called ______________.
- Number of vibrations completed in one second is called ________________.
- The distance between two consecutive compressions or two consecutive rarefactions is called ______________.
- Sound of frequency below 20 Hz is called _____________
- velocity of sound = ___________ x wavelenth
- Sound cannot travel in _____________
- Sound of frequency greater than 20 kHz is called ___________
- _______________ is used to check abnormalities of fetus.
- SI unit of frequency is _________.
- ____________ is a device used to measure the depth of sea.
- SONAR’s full form is __________________________________
- Sound travels fastest in ____ medium
- Loudness of sound depend on _____ of vibration.
- Audible range for human beings is from _ Hz to ___ Hz.
- Bats detect their prey using ___________– waves.
- Sound heard after reflection from an obstacle or boundary is called ________-.
- The persistence of sound after the source has stopped vibrations is called ________.
- ___________ is a device used by doctors and its working is based on multiple reflection of sound.
- Loudness of sound is determined by the ___________ of vibrations.
- Checking the functioning of heart with the help of ultrasound is called ________________
- The outer ear is also called ________
- Another function of human ear is to _____________ our body.
- _______ of ear collects sound from the surroundings.
- Ultrasound are produced by some animals like __________, _____________ and _____________.
- Electrical signals from ear are send to the brain via _____________
- The three bones of the ear which amplifies the vibrations are _______ , ______________ and ____________.
- ______________ converts sound into electrical signals.
- The smallest bone in ear is __________ which is also the smallest bone in human body.
- ____________ are regions of higher density and pressure when sound propagates through a medium.