Home » Posts tagged 'Potentiometer'
Tag Archives: Potentiometer
What is the use of a potentiometer and could you explain its working (as level physics)
The potentiometer is mainly used for,
- To compare the emfs of two primary cells
- To determine the internal resistance of a primary cell
- To determine the value of a high resistance
- To determine the emf of a cell.
The details can be found here in NCERT Text book
A galvanometer can be converted to ammeter by connecting a low resistance, called shunt in parallel with it. If a galvanometer of resistance 45 Ω is shunted by a resistance of 5 Ω what fraction of main current passes through the Galvanometer? What is the current which flows through the shunt?
- A question from Potentiometer (asked in Board Exam) (askphysics.com)
- CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for 2013 Board Exam (physicsfans.com)