Home » Posts tagged 'particle' (Page 3)
Tag Archives: particle
Was Einstein Wrong? What is the neutrino particle which traveled faster than light?
As we know it now; Neutrino is a neutral subatomic particle with a mass close to zero and half-integral spin, rarely reacting with normal matter.
Three types of neutrinos are known –
Einstein’s theory of relativity suggested that no particle can travel faster than light in vacuum.
If neutrino travels, there is something wrong and we have to make necessary amendments
- A particle travels 20 m in 7th second and 24m in 9th sec. find initial velocity?
- in a projectile motion , a body thrown from the ground ,at what angle both the vertical height and range will be equal?
- The velocity v(cm/s) of a particle is given in terms of time t(in seconds) by the equation v = at+b/t+c. Dimension of a,b, and c are ?
At t=0 a very small object with mass 0.400mg and charge +9.00μC is travelling at 125 m/s in the -x-direction. The charge is moving in a uniform electric field that is in the +y-direction and that has magnitude E= 895 N/C. The gravitational force on the particle can be neglected. How far is the particle from the origin at t= 7.99 ms.
Hint for solving the above problem:
displacement along X direction; x=-uxt=125 x 7.99/1000
Displacement along Y direction, y=0.5 ay t2
Just substitute the values and get the answer
Stuti posted these:
- a particle is thrown with any velocity vertically upward. the distance traveled by particle in last sec of ascent is 1)g 2)g/2 3)g/4 4)cant be calculated
- a ball is dropped from a bridge of 122.5 metre above a river. after ball has been falling for 2 sec,a second ball is thrown straight down after it. initial velocity of second ball so that both hit water at sme time is 1)49 m/s 2)55.5 m/s 3)26.1 m/s 4)9.8 m/s.
- two cars are moving in same direction with a speed of 30 km/hr. they are separated from each other by 5 km. third car moving in opposite direction meets the two cars after an interval of 4 minutes. the speed of third car is 1)30 km/hr 2)25 km/hr 3) 40 km/hr 4)45 km/hr
- a balloon starts rising from ground from rest with an upward acceleration 2 m/s^2. jst after 1 sec , a stone is dropped from it. time taken by stone to strike ground is nearly 1)0.3 sec 2)0.7 sec 3)1 sec 4)1.4 sec
Salfronz asks: “When they talk about finding a particle like the Higgs boson, and looking in certain energy levels, does this really mean that the particle is that equivalent mass? It seems like at the energy levels they’re looking at that these particles would be easily detectable if they actually had the mass to correlate with the energy.”
If no particle can escape from a black hole, how does quantum mechanics (which postulates gravitons) explain that a black hole’s gravitational field extends beyond its event horizon? If the force of gravity is transmitted by an exchange of gravitons, they’d have to escape from the black hole. I know they’re massless, but so are photons, and they can’t escape.
This question was posted by Ien Cleary and first of all AskPhysics congratulate him for THINKING DEEPLY and posting such genuine and thoughtful questions.
Keep it up!
Visitors’ responses are awaited.
- Two bodies one held 40 m above other, are released simultaneously . After falling for 3 sec under gravity, their relative separation is?
- A particle covers half the distance between two points for equal time for
V1 and V2 and other half with V3 and V4 for equal distance. find average
Visitors can Answer