Home » Posts tagged 'Optoelectronics'
Tag Archives: Optoelectronics
Plasmon is a quasiparticle resulting from the quantization of plasma oscillations.
Plasmons play a large role in the optical properties of metals. Light of frequency below the plasma frequency is reflected, because the electrons in the metal screen the electric field of the light. Light of frequency above the plasma frequency is transmitted, because the electrons cannot respond fast enough to screen it. In most metals, the plasma frequency is in the ultraviolet, making them shiny (reflective) in the visible range.
Surface plasmons are those plasmons that are confined to surfaces and that interact strongly with light resulting in a polariton
Read more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_plasmon
Hits so far @ AskPhysics
- 2,223,350 hits
CBSE Exam Count Down
Search your query before you ask
- Answered: which theory state that every molecule of magnetic substance is a tiny magnet
- Answered: Why machine get jammed in winter?
- Answered: what is a laser?
- What do you mean by reversible and irreversible process
- Why do we Study electric field along axial line?
- How Quantum Field Theory explains triboelectricity?
- Important topics to study for NEET Physics
- What are the most important topics in JAM Physics?
- If the size of the unit decreases by 20% the% change in the numerical value is
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?