1. Ramesh buys 6 bottles of syrup each containing 1litre. Each empty bottle weighs 400g. The density of syrup is 1.2 g/cm3. What weight does Ramesh have to carry home?
2. The volume of 900g of a substance is 1000 cm3. Will the substance sink or float in water if the density of water is 1g/cm3. What will be the mass of water displaced by the substance?
Categories: Ask Physics Tags: ask, Auto, cm3, density, doubt, Draft, Home, numerical, numerical problems, Online, physics, project, solved, solved paper, solved problems, solved questions, substance, Water, weight
a force of 20 N is applied parallel to the surface of a horizontal table is just sufficient to make a block of mass 4.kg move on the table calculate the coefficient of friction between the block and the table
Categories: Ask Physics Tags: ask, Auto, coefficient, coefficient of friction, doubt, Draft, force, friction, horizontal, kg, mass, numerical, Online, physics, project, solved, solved paper, solved problems, solved questions, surface
An 8000 kg engine pulls 40000 kg train alonged a level track and gives an acceleration of 1.2m/s2. Find the accelaration produced by same engine on a train of mass 16000kg?
Force exerted by the engine = mass of train x acceleration = 40000 x 1.2=48000N
When the same engine pulls a 16000 kg train, the acceleration = 48000/16000=3m/s2
Categories: Ask Physics Tags: 2m, acceleration, ask, ask Physics, doubt, engine, force, laws of motion, level, mass, numerical, numerical problem, Online, physics, problem, project, solved, solved paper, solved problems, solved questions, train
- A worker pulls a 200. N packing crate with an applied force of 55.0 N. The crate accelerates at a rate of 0.250 m/s(squared). What is the coefficient of kinetic friction between the crate and the factory floor?
- A student pulls a 150. N sled up a 28 degree slope at a constant speed by applying a force of 100. N. Near the top of the hill he releases the sled. With what acceleration does the sled go down the hill?
- A 200. N crate rests on a ramp; the maximum angle just before it slips is 25 degrees with the horizontal. What is the coefficient of static friction between the crate and the surface of the ramp?
- A man pulls a sled with a weight of 200. N with a constant velocity across a horizontal snow surface. If a force of 80N is being applied to the sled rope at an angle of 53 degrees to the ground, what is the coefficient of friction between the sled and the ground?
- A jet plane is flying with a constant speed along a straight line at an angle of 30degree above the horizontal. The weight of plane is 86 500N. Its engine provides a forward thrust T of 103 000N. The lift of force L(directed perpendicular to the wings)and the force R of air resistance (directed opposite to the motion)act on the plane. Find L & R
Categories: Ask Physics Tags: ask, ask Physics, coefficient, coefficient of friction, coefficient of kinetic friction, constant velocity, doubt, friction, ground, hill, laws of motion, motion, numerical, numerical problems, Online, physics, problem, problems, project, solved, solved paper, solved problems, solved questions, speed, surface, weight