Home » Posts tagged 'Isaac Newton'
Tag Archives: Isaac Newton
We all know there is no such thing as zero gravity even at the very end of universe there is micro gravity according to formula for gravity…!
Means we are away from certain object so the gravity exist in vacuum so now my question is:-
Q- We all know that there is zero Gravity in center of earth core so if we place an object in center of earth the would Gravity formula apply on that object or that object is in complete Zero gravity…????
Asked Pratik Bhoir
If we simply keep a body at the centre, it will remain there as it is attracted equally in all directions.
Newton stated the Universal Law of gravitation and explained why objects fall to earth when dropped.
But objects were falling even before Newton explained it.
The concept of speed and velocity was known before the Law of Gravitation was formulated.
Physicists outside India
- Galileo – (formulated the basic law of falling bodies, constructed a telescope and discovered four moons revolving around Jupiter)
- Archimedes: Archimedes Principle and theory of floatation, Principle of levers)
- Albert Einstein: Theory of relativity, (Special and General)
- Isaac Newton: Laws of motion, The method of Calculus
- Michael Faraday: Electromagnetic induction, dynamo
Physicists from India
- CV Raman – (studied light scattering and discovered the Raman effect)
- JC Bose – (pioneered the investigation of radio and microwave optics)
- SN Bose –
(worked out statistical method of handling bosons)
- MN Saha – (best known for his development of the Saha equation, used to describe chemical and physical conditions in stars.)
- HJ Bhabha (initiated nuclear research programs in India; carried out experiments in cosmic rays; calculated cross section for elastic electron-positron scattering)
- Subramanyan Chandrasekhar:-
(won the 1983 Nobel Prize for Physics for key discoveries that led to the currently accepted theory on the later evolutionary stages of massive stars. The Chandrasekhar limit is named after him.)
For an equilateral prism , find two angle of incidence differing by 20 degrees showing same deviation of 40 degrees?
Asked Atambir Singh
Use the formula
Here A = 60 degree (Since equilateral prism)
deviation is 40 degree
the values of angles of incidence are 60 degree and 40 degree
Newton’s Third Law of Motion states that
“Every action has equal and opposite reaction”
In other words,
“Whenever a body exerts a force on another body, the second body exerts an equal and opposite force on the first body”
Osho Garg asks:
“if a person is sitting on a chair both the chair and person exert force against it so we called that ” there is always an equal and opposite reaction ” but for example a elephant of mass 584 kg sit on a chair, the chair will broke. So what we called for this . Please explain.
When an elephant “sits” on a chair, it breaks because it cannot give the “equal reaction” and it “yields” to it.
Therefore, here the force is doing “work”.
More discussions are welcome
According to law of gravitation
If we bring two objects close to each other say our hands then the distance will be zero and the force of attraction will become infinite because r will we zero. Therefore F will become infinite but this is not the case.
When we touch our both palms together we can easily pull then away.
Asked Ankit Sharma
When we consider the distance, it is between the center of mass of the two bodies under consideration. When we bring our hands together the distance between their CM is not zero.
Other wise, the two particles under consideration must be point masses.
Then if you consider two atoms or two nuclei, the forces that come into play will be different if we decrease the distance between two atoms or nuclei. The attraction will turn into strong repulsion when the limits are exceeded.