Home » Posts tagged 'forum'
Tag Archives: forum
As per request from students, I have created a forum where students can register login and post their questions. Any member can ask questions or post answer to the questions posted. This is on trial basis. If found not secure against spam or illegal activities, the site will be stopped.
Ashmeeta Bhattarai asked:
“What are limitations of principle of homogeneity of dimensional analysis?”
The dimensional analysis has the following limitations
- It fails while using it to derive a relation among physical quantities, if there are more than 3 unknown variables on which a given physical quantity depends
- It does not tell whether a given Physical quantity is a scalar or a vector.
- It does not tell us the value of constants involved
- It does not always tell us the exact FORM of a relation
- It cannot be used for deriving logarithmic, trigonometric or exponential relations
- A dimensionally correct equation may not always be the correct relation. (Because there are more than one physical quantity having the same dimensions)
Know some more? Write them as comments to this post