Home » Posts tagged 'Drinking water'
Tag Archives: Drinking water
HIGHER ORDER THINKING SKILLS
FOOD: Where does it come from.
1. You are the manager of a restaurant, make a list of food items you would serve in lunch.
2. What measures are to be taken to avoid wastage of food.
3. Why are humans considered omnivores?
4. List the ingredients of any five food items you relish.
5. Form pairs of words in group A with words in group B.
A—Mustard plant, Nectar, Beetroot, carnivore, omnivore.
B– Honey, sugar, oil, humans, tiger.
6. Name two aquatic plants eaten as food.
COMPONENTS OF FOOD
1. Why is it necessary to have fresh and un-cooked vegetables and fruits in our diets.
2. Doctors advice us to drink atleast two litres of water daily why?
3. What happens (more…)
Does the presence of large amounts of water in the body help keep body temperature stable? exp
The answer is yes.
Here, the high value of specific heat capacity of water helps.
Drinking water helps regulating the body temperature during winter (extreme cold) as well as during summer.
I remember, schools had made it mandatory for students to dring water after every period during a summer time when the atmospheric temperature was too high and students used to faint often. The water treatment was very effective and the no. of students fainting due to high surrounding temperature decreased significantly.
If we consider the earth system also. it can be seen that the climate is moderate near water bodies.
Further, it is the abundance of water on earth which makes it a planet suitable for the existence of life.