Home » Posts tagged 'competition'
Tag Archives: competition
The thinkquest competition 2012 was held under three categories. The winners of the competition under each category is detailed below.
ThinkQuest Projects – 19 and Under
1st Place – 19 and Under – World Hunger
This team harnessed the full potential of the Internet to spread their message about food scarcity. They hope to inspire and encourage others to take part in ending starvation.
2nd Place – 19 and Under
Vish-Amrit: Transform Poisoned Water Into Nectar
First and second place teams from the ThinkQuest International Competition will receive a trip to ThinkQuest Live for themselves, their coach, and one adult chaperone per student. ThinkQuest Live is a five day event hosted by the Oracle Education Foundation in the San Francisco Bay Area, California.
The event includes:
- Educational workshops and activities
- Social events
- Sightseeing excursions
- The elegant and magical ThinkQuest Awards Dinner
The competition was held under 3 categories –
- ThinkQuest Projects – Develop a website in ThinkQuest Projects.
- Digital Media – Produce an online journal/blog, a stand-alone website, photo essay, animation, public service announcement, video or some combination of these items.
- Application Development – Develop an interactive application or game.
The competition started on September 14, 2011 and the deadline for submitting entries was April 25, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
Today 20 June 2012 is the deadline for declaration of the names of winners.
In India students from Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas participated in the competition in mass.
See the winners of previous years and their work here at http://www.thinkquest.org/library/winners/2011_projects.html