Home » Posts tagged 'carrying'
Tag Archives: carrying
“Thin and flexible wire is kept on a table in the form of a rectangle and a strong current is send through it. How will be the shape of the wire as a result?”
Answer: The parallel sides are carrying currents in opposite directions and therefore there will be repulsion between them. So, the rectangular coil will try to expand and tend to become circular.
I would like to ask : does flame has its own pulling power ? e.g. when we blow out a candle , the wick often seems to be goin with the blow . is it coz of our blow or is it the flame carrying it along with itself ? (Bikramjit Singh asks)
Which one we should use Bio saverts law or amperes law to find a magnetic field?
Both are used to find the magnetic field .In the case of physical magnet Biot-Savarts law can be used
In the case of a current carrying conductor Ampers circuital law is used
“Can u explain Concept of magnetic dipoles” – Sam Asked
Answer: A magnet always exist in pairs. A magnetic dipole consists of two equal and opposite poles separated by a small distance. The magnetic poles cannot exist alone. Monopoles does not exist.
A single current carrying loop is a simple practical example for a magnetic dipole.
Please refer to the following links for more information
Area vector is a vector whose magnitude is equal to the area and is directed normal to the surface.
Area as such is a scalar. So, Area vector is defined as above for use in calculations and defining some other terms like torque on a current carrying loop in a magnetic field etc.
Hits so far @ AskPhysics
- 2,182,276 hits
CBSE Exam Count Down
Search your query before you ask
- Answered: which theory state that every molecule of magnetic substance is a tiny magnet
- Answered: Why machine get jammed in winter?
- Answered: what is a laser?
- What do you mean by reversible and irreversible process
- Why do we Study electric field along axial line?
- How Quantum Field Theory explains triboelectricity?
- Important topics to study for NEET Physics
- What are the most important topics in JAM Physics?
- If the size of the unit decreases by 20% the% change in the numerical value is
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?