Home » Posts tagged 'Cable'
Tag Archives: Cable
A high voltage transmission line has an aluminum cable of diameter 3.0 cm , 200 km long . What is the resistance of this cable?
Use the relation R = ρ l/A
A= πr2 =πd2/4
= 3.14 x 3 x 10-2x 3 x 10-2/4
ρ= 2.82×10−8 ohm m
l = 200km = 200000 m = 2 x 105m
You can now just substitute the values and get the answer.
Hits so far @ AskPhysics
- 2,230,160 hits
Search your query before you ask
- Answered: which theory state that every molecule of magnetic substance is a tiny magnet
- Answered: Why machine get jammed in winter?
- Answered: what is a laser?
- What do you mean by reversible and irreversible process
- Why do we Study electric field along axial line?
- How Quantum Field Theory explains triboelectricity?
- Important topics to study for NEET Physics
- What are the most important topics in JAM Physics?
- If the size of the unit decreases by 20% the% change in the numerical value is
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?