Home » Posts tagged 'Ask an Expert'
Tag Archives: Ask an Expert
Physics is the most enchanting of all sciences. Though considered by many as the toughest one anyone can learn during schooling, those who liked it started loving it and rated as the most exciting subject of all. Though Physics is referred to as an exact science, it is very much essential to have a high level of imagination to visualize things and concepts to have a deeper understanding of the subject.
Many are not doing any type of visualizations or imaginations; they simply try to cram out what is told and what is in the text leading to confusion, lack of understanding and hence lack of interest.
It’s not just sufficient to learn byheart a lot of formulae and statements, what remains in you after all these formulas and statements are forgotten are the ones that your have really learned. So. think over everythong you hear and read and see. Make them an experience that you will retain and remember.
Ask questions and try to find the answers and question every answer. Yes! QUESTION EVERY ANSWER!
It’s not the pre fabricated questions which help us discover new things, but the questions arising in your mind as a result of questions every idea and every theorems and principles.
As long as you are a student, dare ask questions!
Enjoy learning Physics.
We receive many questions daily where in questions based on dreams, love, relations etc. are asked.
We thought initially that those were posted by spammers. But the emails and posts were not from spam-bots but genuine IPs and persons. On analysis, it was found that those posts were made by people who thought that the site name as “AskPsychics” and thus they asked such questions. Some even misspell Psychic as Physic.
When they don’t get their answers, they come back to the site and start looking at the answered questions to find that the site is all about Physics and that there are no Psychichs here!
Thanks to our principle that we do not allow questions to be published directly. All questions posted via the Ask a Question link reach the email inbox of the admin and editors of the site. we scrutinize the question and are posted to the site only if it is related to Physics or education.
Once again I would like to announce –
We are PHYSICS People
As you all know, CBSE has reintroduced investigatory projects in Physics and it will be part of evaluation in Practical exams this year onwards. Here, we would like to answer some of the frequently asked queries. If you have any query please post them as comments to this post.
Q. Will the viva-voce contain questions related to the investigatory project?
A. Yes. The external examiners are instructed to ask questions related to investigatory projects also so as to ascertain the genuineness of the project. The marks assigned to project are mainly based on how you answer the questions related to the project.
Q. Can I do some construction of electronic gadgets as my investigatory project?
A. As the name suggests, the project must be investigatory, ie, you must investigate on some properties or phenomena. Please see the sample projects given by CBSE.
SUGGESTED INVESTIGATORY PROJECTS
1 To study various factors on which the internal resistance/emf of a cell depends.
2. To study the variations, in current flowing, in a circuit containing a LDR, because of a variation.
(a) in the power of the incandescent lamp, used to ‘illuminate’ the LDR. (Keeping all the lamps at a fixed distance).
(b) in the distance of a incandescent lamp, (of fixed power), used to ‘illuminate’ the LDR.
3. To find the refractive indices of (a) water (b) oil (transparent) using a plane mirror, a equiconvex lens, (made from a glass of known refractive index) and an adjustable object needle.
4. To design an appropriate logic gate combinatin for a given truth table.
5. To investigate the relation between the ratio of (i) output and input voltage and
(ii) number of turns in the secondary coil and primary coil of a self designed transformer.
6. To investigate the dependence, of the angle of deviation, on the angle of incidence, using a hollow prism filled, one by one, with different transparent fluids.
7. To estimate the charge induced on each one of the two identical styro foam (or pith) balls suspended in a vertical plane by making use of Coulomb’s law.
8. To set up a common base transistor circuit and to study its input and output characteristic and to calculate its current gain.
9. To study the factor, on which the self inductance, of a coil, depends, by observing the effect of this coil, when put in series with a resistor/(bulb) in a circuit fed up by an a.c. source of adjustable frequency.
10. To construct a switch using a transistor and to draw the graph between the input and output voltage and mark the cut-off, saturation and active regions.
11. To study the earth’s magnetic field using a tangent galvanometer.
As per request from students, I have created a forum where students can register login and post their questions. Any member can ask questions or post answer to the questions posted. This is on trial basis. If found not secure against spam or illegal activities, the site will be stopped.