Charan asked: Suppose that you are a person 1 standing on a planet.You could see a person 2 moving in a space craft.2 has a mirror(on the surface of planet) exactly at is down which is moving exactly with the same speed that space craft is moving(and also,the line of translatory motion of both the craft and mirror are parallel to each other).If 2 has shot a beam of light from the bottom of space ship,as the mirror is moving exactly with the space craft;for 2,the path of light is straight line and gets reflected back along the same path in time t.If you are observing the whole thing from the surface of planet,for you,the path of light would obviously be ‘V’ shaped(let the time taken be t’).As the ‘V’ shaped path is longer than straight path and speed of light is same for observers,the time measured by 2 is obviously not the same as you measure.If you are considered to be reference frame,will the clock of 2 appear to be moving slower than yours?
Connect with:Login with Facebook Login with Google Login with Twitter Login with LinkedIn Login with Microsoft
Search the Site
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- ASK A QUESTION
- Variation in acceleration due to gravity (g) with depth
- Difference between g and G
- Questions normally not answered by Students in Viva
- CLASS 11 - HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION SAMPLE PAPER -1
- What are the similarities and differences in magnetic and electric field?
- Previous years Board Questions from Optics
- What is pseudo force
- Angle between acceleration and velocity in projectile motion
- IMPORTANT DERIVATIONS FROM OPTICS FOR CBSE STUDENTS CLASS XII AISSCE
Our Social Presence
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
Ask a Doubt
Post your Physics Doubts here
- Plz answer this qiestion fast
- If the radius of earth were to increases by 1%,mass remaining the same,then acceleration due to gravity
- If angular momentum increased by 30% find out percentage increased in kinetic energy
- If on increasing the speed of a vehicle by 2m/s, the kinetic energy gets doubled, then what would be its initial speed?
- Answered: Which are the best books to prepare Physics for NEET 2018 Exam
- Cat is2m behindRAT wich movesWit uniformVelocity 15m/s Cat movesWit uniformAceleration2m/s How far'll rat go BFor caught
- Rectilinear motion question
- Charge on an atom is
- A man running towards a plane mirror at 4m/s speed.What is speed of image inside the mirror?
- Why other colors cannot be observed when one color is emitted