Charan asked: Suppose that you are a person 1 standing on a planet.You could see a person 2 moving in a space craft.2 has a mirror(on the surface of planet) exactly at is down which is moving exactly with the same speed that space craft is moving(and also,the line of translatory motion of both the craft and mirror are parallel to each other).If 2 has shot a beam of light from the bottom of space ship,as the mirror is moving exactly with the space craft;for 2,the path of light is straight line and gets reflected back along the same path in time t.If you are observing the whole thing from the surface of planet,for you,the path of light would obviously be ‘V’ shaped(let the time taken be t’).As the ‘V’ shaped path is longer than straight path and speed of light is same for observers,the time measured by 2 is obviously not the same as you measure.If you are considered to be reference frame,will the clock of 2 appear to be moving slower than yours?
Connect with:Login with Facebook Login with Google Login with Twitter Login with LinkedIn Login with Microsoft
Search the Site
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- A Question from Errors in measurement
- ASK A QUESTION
- A Numerical problem from electricity
- Distance of closest approach of two ships problem
- DECREASING PRESSURE BY INCREASING AREA
- Science Half Yearly Sample Question Papers for Class X
- Limitations of Dimensional Analysis
- The question of minimum time and minimum distance in crossing a river.
- Projectile Motion - Numerical Problems (Assignment for KV Pattom Class XI students)
- Difference between g and G
Our Social Presence
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
Ask a Doubt
Post your Physics Doubts here
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?
- Why a ray when moves to normal from rarer to denser medium
- What is the major term involved in refraction
- Can a charge of 4 x10 -19 be given to a body
- What is the phase difference between two wavefronts???
- Two identical body of M mass and Q charge are in equilibrium under gravitational and electric calculate order of Q/M
- Four masses each of 4kg are fastened together.
- Best Books And Study Materials For JAM Physics
- 5 litre of a liquid weighs 5 kgf. What is the density of the liquid?
- two persons A and B do same amount of work in time T1 and T2 . find the ratio of the power delivers by the men