Charan asked: Suppose that you are a person 1 standing on a planet.You could see a person 2 moving in a space craft.2 has a mirror(on the surface of planet) exactly at is down which is moving exactly with the same speed that space craft is moving(and also,the line of translatory motion of both the craft and mirror are parallel to each other).If 2 has shot a beam of light from the bottom of space ship,as the mirror is moving exactly with the space craft;for 2,the path of light is straight line and gets reflected back along the same path in time t.If you are observing the whole thing from the surface of planet,for you,the path of light would obviously be ‘V’ shaped(let the time taken be t’).As the ‘V’ shaped path is longer than straight path and speed of light is same for observers,the time measured by 2 is obviously not the same as you measure.If you are considered to be reference frame,will the clock of 2 appear to be moving slower than yours?
Search the Site
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- CLASS 11 - HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION SAMPLE PAPER -1
- IMPORTANT DERIVATIONS FROM OPTICS FOR CBSE STUDENTS CLASS XII AISSCE
- Science Half Yearly Sample Question Papers for Class X
- Questions normally not answered by Students in Viva
- ASK A QUESTION
- Factors affecting frequency of sound produced by a stretched string
- Uses of a potentiometer
- Previous years Board Questions from Optics
- What are the similarities and differences in magnetic and electric field?
- Why dispersion does not occur in a glass slab?
Our Social Presence
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
Ask a Doubt
Post your Physics Doubts here
[contact-form-7 id="3271" title="Ask_a_question"]
- what is a laser?
- How Quantum Field Theory explains triboelectricity?
- Important topics to study for NEET Physics
- What are the most important topics in JAM Physics?
- If the size of the unit decreases by 20% the% change in the numerical value is
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?
- Can we dissociate aluminium using infrared multi photon dissociation method?
- Vector A + Vector B = vector C and A +2B is perpendicular to A then find relation between vector B and C.
- Why a ray when moves to normal from rarer to denser medium
- What is the major term involved in refraction