1. Derive an expression for the average power in an ac circuit.
2. Distinguish between resistance, reactance and impedance.
3. Draw the phasor diagram showing voltage and current in LCR series circuit and derive an expression for the impedance
4. Deduce the phase relationship between current and voltage in an ac circuit containing inductor only
5. A series LCR circuit with L = 0.12 H, C = 4.8 x 10 7 f and R = 23 ohms is connected to a variable frequency supply. At What frequency is the current maximum?
9. A sinusoidal voltage V=200 sin 314t is applied to a resistor of 10 ohms resistance. Calculate (i) rms value of the voltage, (ii) rms value of the current and (iii) power dissipated as heat in watts.
(Posted by Sayantika Nath)