Hi there, I have finally (at 22 and third year in college) decided what I want to major in–physics! I love it, so so so much! I especially want to be an astrophysicist. However, after hearing from a bunch of people, my professor included, astrophysicists don’t get paid much, and a lot of people want to do it. This really bummed me out, because that’s my true passion. However, I don’t want to major in it, spend 8 years in school, and then not find a job, or find a lower paying job. I have a daughter, and I don’t have room to take chances too much. I need to get stable for the both of us. I genuinely want a six figure salary, and I would love to be able to do research, my life goal is to make a major contribution to physics. However, I just don’t know what I can do with a physics degree that will get me paid a decent amount, while at the same time doing what I love. Any advice or suggestions?
Search the Site
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- CLASS 11 - HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION SAMPLE PAPER -1
- SA1 Previous Question Papers in Science for class 9 and 10 (CBSE) with marking Scheme
- Science Half Yearly Sample Question Papers for Class IX CBSE
- Science Half Yearly Sample Question Papers for Class X
- ASK A QUESTION
- What are the similarities and differences in magnetic and electric field?
- Vector resolution and addition
- Difference between g and G
- IMPORTANT DERIVATIONS FROM OPTICS FOR CBSE STUDENTS CLASS XII AISSCE
- Physics Class XII Sample Papers
Our Social Presence
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
Majoring in physics?
Ask a Doubt
Post your Physics Doubts here
- what is a laser?
- How Quantum Field Theory explains triboelectricity?
- Important topics to study for NEET Physics
- What are the most important topics in JAM Physics?
- If the size of the unit decreases by 20% the% change in the numerical value is
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?
- Can we dissociate aluminium using infrared multi photon dissociation method?
- Vector A + Vector B = vector C and A +2B is perpendicular to A then find relation between vector B and C.
- Why a ray when moves to normal from rarer to denser medium
- What is the major term involved in refraction