Hi there, I have finally (at 22 and third year in college) decided what I want to major in–physics! I love it, so so so much! I especially want to be an astrophysicist. However, after hearing from a bunch of people, my professor included, astrophysicists don’t get paid much, and a lot of people want to do it. This really bummed me out, because that’s my true passion. However, I don’t want to major in it, spend 8 years in school, and then not find a job, or find a lower paying job. I have a daughter, and I don’t have room to take chances too much. I need to get stable for the both of us. I genuinely want a six figure salary, and I would love to be able to do research, my life goal is to make a major contribution to physics. However, I just don’t know what I can do with a physics degree that will get me paid a decent amount, while at the same time doing what I love. Any advice or suggestions?
Connect with:Login with Facebook Login with Google Login with Twitter Login with LinkedIn Login with Microsoft
Search the Site
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- ASK A QUESTION
- What are the similarities and differences in magnetic and electric field?
- Questions normally not answered by Students in Viva
- Variation in acceleration due to gravity (g) with depth
- Previous years Board Questions from Optics
- A list of values you can use to answer VBQ (Value Based Questions)
- Resistors Combination - Numerical Problem
- A Question from Errors in measurement
- CLASS 11 - HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION SAMPLE PAPER -1
- Difference between g and G
Our Social Presence
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
Majoring in physics?
Ask a Doubt
Post your Physics Doubts here
- Answered: How to prepare for IIT JAM Physics Exam?
- Plz answer this qiestion fast
- If the radius of earth were to increases by 1%,mass remaining the same,then acceleration due to gravity
- If angular momentum increased by 30% find out percentage increased in kinetic energy
- If on increasing the speed of a vehicle by 2m/s, the kinetic energy gets doubled, then what would be its initial speed?
- Answered: Which are the best books to prepare Physics for NEET 2018 Exam
- Cat is2m behindRAT wich movesWit uniformVelocity 15m/s Cat movesWit uniformAceleration2m/s How far'll rat go BFor caught
- Rectilinear motion question
- Charge on an atom is
- A man running towards a plane mirror at 4m/s speed.What is speed of image inside the mirror?