Home » Ask Physics » Low ENERGY BULB WARNING ” …from the British Ministry of Health

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 3,086 other subscribers

Archives

Low ENERGY BULB WARNING ” …from the British Ministry of Health

Share with:


Warning  from the British Ministry of health about Energy  Saving bulbs   These  types of bulbs which are called Energy Saving or  low Energy bulbs, if broken, cause serious danger!   So much so, that if one breaks, everybody will  have to leave the room for at least 15 minutes,  because it contains Mercury  (poisonous) which  causes migraine, disorientation, imbalances and  different other health problems, when inhaled.   It causes many people with allergies, severe  skin conditions and other diseases just by  touching this substance or inhaling it. Also  the ministry warned to NOT clean the debris of the  broken bulb with a vacuum cleaner, because it  would spread the contamination to other rooms in  the house when using the vacuum cleaner again.   It must be cleaned up with a normal broom  or brush, be kept in  a sealed bag and disposed of right away from the  house in a bin for hazardous  materials.  
Notice:  Mercury is dangerous, more poisonous than lead or  arsenic!!!!



Ask a Doubt

Post your Physics Doubts here

Name (required)

Email (required)

Subject

Message/Doubt/Question

Upload a file if required

askphysics@Twitter

Half Yearly Exam Count Down

Half Yearly Exam Count Down KVS Ernakulam RegionOctober 17, 2017
The Half Yearly Examination for Kendriya Vidyalayas of Kerala starts from 17 October 2017
%d bloggers like this: