The height of mercury column in a barometer in a Calcutta laboratory was recorded to be 75 cm. Calculate this pressure in SI and CGS units using the following data : specific gravity is 13.6, density of water is 1000 kg/m3, g is 9.8 m/s2 at Calcutta. Pressure = hρg in usual symbols
Search the Site
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Questions normally not answered by Students in Viva
- IMPORTANT DERIVATIONS FROM OPTICS FOR CBSE STUDENTS CLASS XII AISSCE
- reference books for the preparation of NGPE (national graduate physics examination)
- BOARD QUESTIONS FROM WAVE OPTICS (CBSE/AISSCE)
- Previous years Board Questions from Optics
- ASK A QUESTION
- How to find the focal length of convex mirror using convex lens?
- Why dispersion does not occur in a glass slab?
- Variation in acceleration due to gravity (g) with depth
- CLASS 11 - HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION SAMPLE PAPER -1
Our Social Presence
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
Dimensions and conversion of units
Ask a Doubt
Post your Physics Doubts here
[contact-form-7 id="3271" title="Ask_a_question"]
- what is a laser?
- How Quantum Field Theory explains triboelectricity?
- Important topics to study for NEET Physics
- What are the most important topics in JAM Physics?
- If the size of the unit decreases by 20% the% change in the numerical value is
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?
- Can we dissociate aluminium using infrared multi photon dissociation method?
- Vector A + Vector B = vector C and A +2B is perpendicular to A then find relation between vector B and C.
- Why a ray when moves to normal from rarer to denser medium
- What is the major term involved in refraction