You are standing on a bathroom scale in an elevator the is moving upward at constant speed, when suddenly the cable breaks. from just before to just after the cable breaks, the reading on the scale will be?
Search the Site
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- A Question from Errors in measurement
- Projectile Motion - Numerical Problems (Assignment for KV Pattom Class XI students)
- ASK A QUESTION
- Distance of closest approach of two ships problem
- Limitations of Dimensional Analysis
- Numericals on Relative Velocity
- CLASS 11 - HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION SAMPLE PAPER -1
- The question of minimum time and minimum distance in crossing a river.
- A body covers a distance of 20 m in 7th sec and 24 m in the 9th sec. How much shall it cover in 15s ?
- Previous years Board Questions from Optics
Our Social Presence
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
Apparent weight in an elevator
By admin in Ask Physics, HC VERMA, Interesting Questions, KINEMATICS, Mechanics, Popular Science on .
When the elevator is moving up with constant speed, the bathroom scale (weighing scale) shows the correct weight, because the mechanics involved will be the same if the frame is at rest or moving with a constant velocity.
When the cable breaks, it is a case of freely falling body and the scale reads zero.
Ask a Doubt
Post your Physics Doubts here
- what is a laser?
- How Quantum Field Theory explains triboelectricity?
- Important topics to study for NEET Physics
- What are the most important topics in JAM Physics?
- If the size of the unit decreases by 20% the% change in the numerical value is
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?
- Can we dissociate aluminium using infrared multi photon dissociation method?
- Vector A + Vector B = vector C and A +2B is perpendicular to A then find relation between vector B and C.
- Why a ray when moves to normal from rarer to denser medium
- What is the major term involved in refraction