You are standing on a bathroom scale in an elevator the is moving upward at constant speed, when suddenly the cable breaks. from just before to just after the cable breaks, the reading on the scale will be?
Connect with:Login with Facebook Login with Google Login with Twitter Login with LinkedIn Login with Microsoft
Search the Site
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- IMPORTANT DERIVATIONS FROM OPTICS FOR CBSE STUDENTS CLASS XII AISSCE
- Previous years Board Questions from Optics
- BOARD QUESTIONS FROM WAVE OPTICS (CBSE/AISSCE)
- Difference between g and G
- Download CBSE Physics AISSCE 2012 Board Question papers and solution
- Questions normally not answered by Students in Viva
- Variation in acceleration due to gravity (g) with depth
- SA1 Previous Question Papers in Science for class 9 and 10 (CBSE) with marking Scheme
- Why electrons cannot be accelerated using a cyclotron?
- Why dispersion does not occur in a glass slab?
Our Social Presence
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
Apparent weight in an elevator
By admin in Ask Physics, HC VERMA, Interesting Questions, KINEMATICS, Mechanics, Popular Science on .
When the elevator is moving up with constant speed, the bathroom scale (weighing scale) shows the correct weight, because the mechanics involved will be the same if the frame is at rest or moving with a constant velocity.
When the cable breaks, it is a case of freely falling body and the scale reads zero.
Ask a Doubt
Post your Physics Doubts here
- Can electric generator be operated with help of motor
- What's the difference between magnetic dipole moment and orbital magnetic moment if any
- Mount everest is 8850m above sea level. What is the difference in the value of g at its peak and at seas level
- Ampere ka niyam kya hai spasht kijiye
- When you are listening to song by using a small radio, it gives lot of disturbance when you changing the direction. Why?
- To calculate the potential of the large drop which is formed by combining 8 emall drops
- Answered: How will I prepare for Physics Section in NEET Exam?
- find the time taken of the temperature of water to be raised
- derive speed of transverse waves on a uniform string
- the isothermal bulk modulus of a perfect gas at normal pressure is what?
- Post Edited: Gravitation – Why acceleration due to gravity increases at pole instead of decreasing? https://t.co/JPLHraBMgh
about 2 weeks ago
Half Yearly Exam Count Down
Half Yearly Exam Count Down KVS Ernakulam RegionOctober 17, 2017
The Half Yearly Examination for Kendriya Vidyalayas of Kerala starts from 17 October 2017