Question: The difference between the speed of light compared to any other body on earth is negligible then if we take a car moving at 30m/s and i stand at a distance of 1m from it i am a stationary observer,if i assume the speed of light to be 3 x 10^8 then even i will observe the world at such a speed then when i look at the car say for one second then light has already reached my eye after bouncing off the car, by that time the car would have moved a very very small distance and this repeats until the car moves past me.what i cant understand is then why does the car whizz past me because at that rate it should take a lot of time to go past me and i should be able to see the cars every nanometer of motion just like in slow motion videos.i have read in a psychology book that it is because of the angle made by the retina of the eye and the objectively regardless of my human perception what could be the reason?
Search the Site
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- IMPORTANT DERIVATIONS FROM OPTICS FOR CBSE STUDENTS CLASS XII AISSCE
- Questions normally not answered by Students in Viva
- Previous years Board Questions from Optics
- BOARD QUESTIONS FROM WAVE OPTICS (CBSE/AISSCE)
- Why dispersion does not occur in a glass slab?
- ASK A QUESTION
- Download CBSE Physics AISSCE 2012 Board Question papers and solution
- Variation in acceleration due to gravity (g) with depth
- Difference between g and G
- Download Sample papers prepared by KV Teachers of KVS Ernakulam Region
Our Social Presence
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
A Question from Optics (awaiting answer)
Ask a Doubt
Post your Physics Doubts here
[contact-form-7 id="3271" title="Ask_a_question"]
- what is a laser?
- How Quantum Field Theory explains triboelectricity?
- Important topics to study for NEET Physics
- What are the most important topics in JAM Physics?
- If the size of the unit decreases by 20% the% change in the numerical value is
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?
- Can we dissociate aluminium using infrared multi photon dissociation method?
- Vector A + Vector B = vector C and A +2B is perpendicular to A then find relation between vector B and C.
- Why a ray when moves to normal from rarer to denser medium
- What is the major term involved in refraction