Question: The difference between the speed of light compared to any other body on earth is negligible then if we take a car moving at 30m/s and i stand at a distance of 1m from it i am a stationary observer,if i assume the speed of light to be 3 x 10^8 then even i will observe the world at such a speed then when i look at the car say for one second then light has already reached my eye after bouncing off the car, by that time the car would have moved a very very small distance and this repeats until the car moves past me.what i cant understand is then why does the car whizz past me because at that rate it should take a lot of time to go past me and i should be able to see the cars every nanometer of motion just like in slow motion videos.i have read in a psychology book that it is because of the angle made by the retina of the eye and the objectively regardless of my human perception what could be the reason?
acceleration Ans answer ask ask Physics Auto body Business direction distance doubt Draft earth Education electricity electron energy field force gravitation gravity kinematics light mass motion numerical Online particle physics problem project question relativity solved solved paper solved problems solved questions speed surface time United States velocity Water weight work
A Question from Optics (awaiting answer)
Hits so far @ AskPhysics
- 2,230,215 hits
Search your query before you ask
- Answered: which theory state that every molecule of magnetic substance is a tiny magnet
- Answered: Why machine get jammed in winter?
- Answered: what is a laser?
- What do you mean by reversible and irreversible process
- Why do we Study electric field along axial line?
- How Quantum Field Theory explains triboelectricity?
- Important topics to study for NEET Physics
- What are the most important topics in JAM Physics?
- If the size of the unit decreases by 20% the% change in the numerical value is
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?