1. Derive an expression for the average power in an ac circuit.
2. Distinguish between resistance, reactance and impedance.
3. Draw the phasor diagram showing voltage and current in LCR series circuit and derive an expression for the impedance
4. Deduce the phase relationship between current and voltage in an ac circuit containing inductor only
5. A series LCR circuit with L = 0.12 H, C = 4.8 x 10 7 f and R = 23 ohms is connected to a variable frequency supply. At What frequency is the current maximum?
9. A sinusoidal voltage V=200 sin 314t is applied to a resistor of 10 ohms resistance. Calculate (i) rms value of the voltage, (ii) rms value of the current and (iii) power dissipated as heat in watts.
(Posted by Sayantika Nath)
It seems to me that all of physicality is energy and that energy is producing objects as molecular structures. So, we can further state that all of physicality consists of molecular structure. These structures “appear” to have boundaries. When an object moves, how is that affecting the molecular structure of the space in which it is moving? Is the boundary of space “fluid” to accommodate the moving object as dropping a cube of ice into a glass of water? Does not the very same space exist regardless the position of the object?
Posted by Larry
UNITS AND MEASUREMENT
MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT
ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND AC
These videos are very good to revise Ray optics. Try viewing them in full screen
I recently watched a program on quantum locking using a super conductor cooled by nitrogen. This brought to mind grapheme as a material which has superconductive properties.The next question I had was obviously this.Can grapheme be used at room temperature to create the state needed for quantum locking?
Current density is proportional to drift velocity, while drift velocity increases due to acceleration (a=eE/m)current remains same, how?