What is terminal speed? When a skydiver has reached terminal speed, what is the air resistance equal to? What is the skydivers acceleration?
- A jetliner moving at 500. km/h due east moves into a region where the wind is blowing from exactly NW toward the SE at a speed of 127 km/h. What is the new velocity of the airplane? you must include both magnitude and direction in your answer.
- The speed of a train changes from36km/h to 72km/h in 10sec. calculate the distance travelled during this time
Imagine a rod 2 meters long fixed at its center, 2 identical masses are placed 0.5 meters away on opposite sides , as the rod spins they slide towards the edges , according to the formula k.E.=0.5*I*ω2 the kinetic energy decreases , but since its a closed system why does the kinetic energy decrease ?
The decrease in KE accounted by the work done in displacing the masses
Why some substance being solid enable light to pass through them (like glass, diamond (the hardest substance etc) but other who have less density do not permit refraction?
(Asked Brahmadutta Mahapatra)
“lets pretend we are in space. and there I have a permanent magnet rotor that and around it are copper windings. They do not touch and everything is floating with minimum friction (because we are in space)
imagine a generator with no brushes or bearings….
now my question is :
if i spin the rotor, and electrons start flowing on the copper(electricity)
would there be a negative force on the rotor to make it stop faster ?
(Posted by )
Waiting for public response
If neutrinos travel at the speed of light through a vacuum, and rarely interact with matter, how fast do they travel through the nucleus of an atom?
(David Tate asked)
- A particle travels 20 m in 7th second and 24m in 9th sec. find initial velocity?
- in a projectile motion , a body thrown from the ground ,at what angle both the vertical height and range will be equal?
- The velocity v(cm/s) of a particle is given in terms of time t(in seconds) by the equation v = at+b/t+c. Dimension of a,b, and c are ?