As per request from students, I have created a forum where students can register login and post their questions. Any member can ask questions or post answer to the questions posted. This is on trial basis. If found not secure against spam or illegal activities, the site will be stopped.
- Attn: Physics Teachers ! You are invited to disburse your lecture notes through askphysics.com – Free!!!
- Where is the light energy going?
- Refraction – Disappearing letters
- Buy Physics Books, H.C Verma and more at lowest price!
- Class 12 physics question bank
- Class XI Physics Practical Exam Viva Voce
Subject: Resolution with geometry
I m not able to understand that when we resolute mg in a inclined plane that plane having angle theta,how does the vertical component goes through inclined surface & cos comp opp to N.
explain with geometry so that i don’t get confused in future in determining the two comps is right direction.
In a right angled triangle,
When mg is resolved into mutually perpendicular directions, one parallel to plane and the other perpendicular to the plane (opposite to the Normal reaction), the component which is adjacent to θ is the cos component and the one away from θ is the sine component.
Students find difficulty ,mainly in identifying the angle .
See the diagram below and try to analyze
Hits so far @ AskPhysics
- 2,202,623 hits
CBSE Exam Count Down
Search your query before you ask
- Answered: which theory state that every molecule of magnetic substance is a tiny magnet
- Answered: Why machine get jammed in winter?
- Answered: what is a laser?
- What do you mean by reversible and irreversible process
- Why do we Study electric field along axial line?
- How Quantum Field Theory explains triboelectricity?
- Important topics to study for NEET Physics
- What are the most important topics in JAM Physics?
- If the size of the unit decreases by 20% the% change in the numerical value is
- Why is easier to hammer a sharp nail into wood than a blunt one?